Lift kits allow you to have better handling over your vehicle in off-road environments. The Superlift Lift Kit offers a stylish modification that’ll last for plenty of years to come. You’ve probably read about this popular kit, but it’s finally time to break it down.
Superlift lift kits are good because they provide reliability, varying height adjustments, and they’re compatible with most vehicles. These kits are perfect for going off-road because they add much-needed suspension and control over the terrain. The main downside is that they’re a budget brand.
Throughout this article, you’ll also learn the following info about Superlift lift kits:
- Pros and cons of these budget-friendly lift kits
- How they stack up against similar brands
- What you’ll receive when you buy one
- Answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Superlift kits
Perks of Getting a Superlift Lift Kit
Superlift lift kits became popular because people were tired of spending too much money on a suspension kit. Whether you’re trying to save money or you love their simple designs, it’s easy to see why you might choose Superlift for your vehicle.
Without further ado, let’s break down some of the pros of owning and installing a Superlift lift kit below.
They’re Much More Affordable Than Other Lift Kits
Superlift lift kits cost a fraction of the high-end competitors. They’re known for saving you quite a bit of money, but where does the reduction come from? Most people believe the reason Superlift kits are cheap is that they’re not good quality. The truth is that they’re cheaper because they’re not as well known as the bigger brands.
If you’re trying to lift your truck for the first time and you don’t want to dip into your savings account, then Superlift lift kits are a great company to start with. They have loads of customizations, which leads us to the next advantage of these trendy truck lift kits.
You Can Find a Lift Kit for Almost Any Truck
Are you worried about not being able to find the perfect lift kit for your vehicle? A lot of popular brands tend to have only a few kits, leaving you to choose one that might not be tailored to your vehicle. While they might work for a little while, small differences in the manufacturing process could cause rubbing and friction.
Overheating, rust, loud noises, and other issues are common when you mismatch a lift kit. Fortunately, Superlift has loads of kits designed for all makes, models, and years of the top vehicle manufacturers on the market. You’ll never be left to choose the wrong lift kit with this company.
Superlift Kits Are Easy to Install
As mentioned by Jeep Reviews, Superlift lift kits are as easy as it gets for DIY installations. There’s no need to hire an expert if you have all of the tools at home. Furthermore, you’ll receive everything you need for the basic lift process.
Lift kits shouldn’t have to be too complex, especially if you’re getting a budget brand. If you’re not into hardcore off-roading every weekend, then there’s no need to pay extra money for a pro-level install. Order your kit, grab your tools, and have the whole installation done in less than a couple of hours.
You’ll Still Have Full Steering and Turning Control
Another perk that many owners pointed out is that the Superlift kits don’t ruin your steering or turning radius. If you’ve ever driven a vehicle with a low-end lift kit, then you’ve probably felt the limitations of turning and overall control. It’s much more difficult to make U-turns when this issue is present.
Since these kits are easier to turn and control, you can safely take them off-road or drive them on asphalt. They’re not limited to any terrain, though you might find a few issues that’ll be mentioned later in the post.
There’s Less Stress on the Mechanical Parts
Most Superlift kits aren’t designed with bulky, weighty materials. What this means is that you won’t have to worry about your vehicle’s undercarriage being overstressed by heavyweight additions. It also prevents you from having to order new parts from the lift kit since they’re positioned properly.
What Are the Downsides of a Superlift Kit?
As with all vehicle mods, there are a few issues that you’ll experience with the Superlift lift kits. They’re not perfect, but most of these problems aren’t enough to make potential buyers stay away. Nevertheless, it’s important to know what you’re getting yourself into.
Below, you’ll find a handful of notable problems associated with the Superlift lift kits.
- The parts sometimes rub together on some models. While light brushing isn’t usually an issue, you’ll experience all sorts of problems if you load the truck with gear. When there’s too much equipment inside, it weighs down the springs, causing abrasive rubbing. Over time, this process deteriorates the components.
- Some owners on Facebook noted that the kit caused their vehicle to lean forward a bit. This issue isn’t always present, but it happens from time to time. If you notice that your vehicle leans forward after installing one of these kits, rest assured that it’s merely a cosmetic issue.
- Superlift lift kits are a budget version, which means they’re not going to last as long as high-end models. You’ll still get five to ten years of high-level performance, but they won’t push the limits and last as long as your vehicle. It’ll require repairs here and there to keep it going.
- Many owners of these kits noted that they didn’t receive some of the parts. While this is situational, it’s worth noting that the base-level lift kits don’t always include everything. Make sure that you thoroughly read the description of each kit before you choose one. Note that all of the necessary pieces to get your vehicle moving are always included.
As you can see, the problems with the Superlift kits are a terribly unforgivable situation. They’re small bumps in the road for those who can appreciate the price. You won’t need to fix them all the time, but a few minor repairs might eventually become necessary.
If you want to know what you’ll receive when you purchase a Superlift lift kit, proceed to the next section.
What Comes in These Kits?
The Superlift lift kits are a great choice if you want to save cash, but will you get everything you need? The good news is that the basic kits have the essentials, but the upgraded kits are where all of the unique accessories are found.
Here’s what you can expect to find when you get a Superlift lift kit:
- Crossmembers are included with every kit. This essential component allows for a much more stabilized experience. The crossmember goes underneath the vehicle, ensuring that the weight is evenly distributed rather than over-encumbering any part of it. Another benefit of this crossmember is that it’s lightweight.
- Bump stops are a huge part of lift kits, so it’s no surprise that Superlift included them in their kit. If you’re not familiar with the term, a bump stop is designed to prevent the springs and other parts from overcompressing. Rather than wearing down, they’ll have a soft cushion when the suspension moves.
- A belly pan is included with the purchase to protect your oil pan and nearby components. You wouldn’t have to deal with scraping or loosened bolts, which could end up ruining the lift kit if you didn’t have one.
- A torsion bar suspension system is the primary component of the whole kit. It included a bracket to hold the system in place, preventing it from sliding around or overcompressing. You’ll also receive all of the hardware that’s required to install any piece on this kit.
- Steering knuckles, strut spacers, brackets, springs, and everything else you need is included in the kit. Remember to check if you’re getting a deluxe kit or the base model. You might not get everything if you don’t check the details. As expected, every kit comes with detailed instructions that make it easy to install.
Along with every kit, you’ll receive the same guarantees and warranties. Read on to find out what they contain.
Company Warranties and Promises
Superlift offers unique warranties that give you peace of mind when you’re purchasing their products. From the lowering suspension kits to these lift kits that we’re reviewing, the Superlift limited lifetime warranty covers almost everything in their catalog.
Here are the details:
The Superlift Limited Lifetime Warranty
As Superlift describes, their warranty is one of the best in the business. They cover any defect or problem caused by their manufacturing mistakes. If they didn’t include something or it broke due to improper production issues, then they’ll repair and replace it without costing you anything.
If you want to file a warranty, all you have to do is go to their website and fill it out online. You’ll be able to describe the issue that occurred and detail why you believe a new replacement part is in order. Once you’re granted permission, they’ll ship out the parts for you to replace them. If you want to have it repaired at a Superlift shop, that’s also an option.
What’s Not Covered by the Warranty?
Unfortunately, user error is not part of the warranty offered by Superlift. If you happen to mess something up by improper installation or driving it incorrectly, then the repairs rest of your shoulders.
On that note, if you try to modify the lift kit outside of the normal specifications, you’ll void the warranty. Even if the issue isn’t caused by your mod, they won’t cover any of the costs. Also, failure to maintain the lift kit causes the warranty to be voided by the company. You’ll learn more about maintenance procedures and suggestions in the next couple of sections.
Note: Wear and tear caused by regular use aren’t covered by the warranty. It’s inevitable that any mechanical component will eventually break down, so the company can’t offer warranties for such issues. Racing and partaking in other illegal activities while driving the vehicle with the lift kit voids the warranty.
How Long Does a Superlift Lift Kit Last?
Superlift kits are designed to last about 10 years or some. Many models last a few extra years, but it’s impossible to tell how long any specific lift kit will last. As mentioned above, proper maintenance will allow your Superlift lift kit to push well beyond expectations. The most important thing is that you know its limits.
Maintenance Suggestions and Tips
- Keep the Superlift lift kit clean and tidy. Whenever you wash your vehicle, make sure you take the time to clean off the underbelly of it as well. You shouldn’t allow dirt, grime, or rust to build up; Otherwise, the parts will start to corrode. Remember that lack of maintenance isn’t covered in the warranty.
- As mentioned by Rezurxn, you should get your lift kit inspected every time you get your vehicle checked-up. It typically doesn’t cost too much extra, but you can ask the mechanic to look under the vehicle when they’re checking everything under the hood. This simple tip can save you quite a bit in the long run.
- Tighten to bolts every few months. You might need a few extra tools, but checking for loose bolts can not only increase the lift kit’s lifespan, but it can also save you from potential accidents. Loose bolts occur from rough driving, such as off-road scenarios and potholes in the road.
- Consider using rust-proof paint or spray. Either of them will work. Preventing corrosion will make your lift kit last longer, and it’ll also stop abrasive cuts and other issues. Rust damage isn’t covered by the warranty, so it’s important that you stop it in its tracks. People who live in humid environments should take note!
Maintaining your Superlift lift kit doesn’t have to be a challenge. By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to get the most out of your lift kit without having to spend too much on repairs or replacement parts.
What Vehicles Can Use These Kits?
You can get a Superlift lift kit for a variety of trucks, SUVs, and other vehicles. According to AutoAnything dot com, the prices can range drastically from ~$500 to ~$5,000 or more. Depending on what you want in the kit, the price will fluctuate slightly above or below that range.
If you want to get a lift kit from Superlift or you want to see the prices, follow these steps:
- Head over to Superlift.com. There will be a subheading at the top called ‘Suspension Kits’, followed by ‘Lift Kits’ under the same subheading. Navigate through these menus to find the main lift kit section of the website. Superlift sells plenty of other vehicle accessories that you could try as well.
- Peruse the virtual aisles to find your ideal kit. There are usually quite a few deals that will allow you to save money on the purchase. You can filter by shocks and vehicle height if you have a specific requirement in mind. These kits range from 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) all the way up to a massive 12-inch (30.5 cm) lift.
- Once you find the kit that you prefer, you can choose your make, model, and year. Not all kits fit for every vehicle, so you might have to look around to find a good fit. Fortunately, each kit has a brief description that you can read so you won’t have to go digging through countless kits.
- When you’ve gone through all of the fine details, and you’re ready to make a purchase, you can choose to call the company, find a local dealer, or ship the lift kit. Each method offers free shipping on all orders throughout the 48 contiguous states in the US. For additional questions regarding shipments and fees, call Superlift.
- Once the package arrives, look over the instructions and ensure that all of the parts are present in the order. If you need any replacements on broken parts or you didn’t get everything you ordered, you should contact the company immediately. The longer you wait to bring it to their attention, the longer you’ll have to wait for a response.
Getting a lift kit through Superlift is as easy as it gets. As you might’ve noticed, there are plenty of ways to get a discount. Even if you can’t find a price reduction, these kits are much more budget-friendly than the vast majority of lift kits that you’ll find on the internet.
How Does It Compare to Other Lift Kits?
You’ve read all about the pros, cons, and how-to’s of this kit, but how does it stack up against other lift kits on the market? Whether you’re trying to weigh your options or you’re simply curious, it’s a good idea to know about all of the brands prior to making a decision.
Below, you’ll find how the Superlift lift kits compare to similar kits.
- Superlift is much more affordable than the vast majority of lift kits. You’ve probably done your research on the expensive options, which is why you’ve decided to give this company a try. If you want to save money and you don’t mind the minor differences mentioned in the cons section, then it’s hard to beat a Superlift lift kit.
- The warranty offered by Superlift isn’t too impressive compared to most other companies. In fact, many other brands, such as Pro Comp USA, offer lifetime warranties that can be transferred from owner to owner. When you sell a vehicle with a Superlift kit, the warranty no longer exists.
- The company takes pride in offering a variety of kits for every vehicle. You won’t have to settle for a modification that could cause irreparable damage, loose bolts, or loud noises. Superlift kits are made to customize your vehicle, so every lift kit is going to guarantee a solid fit.
- Most of the parts on a Superlift lift kit aren’t welded, which is what you’d get with high-end brands. Although the difference ends up costing a lot more money, many owners prefer welded parts. They last longer and look better, so a Superlift kit is lacking in this area.
- As stated by 4Wheel Parts, Superlift uses preload shims to keep the front of the vehicle riding firm. Rather than bumping around or dipping every time you hit a small divot, you’ll stay sitting as you normally would. Furthermore, the turning radius stays the same as if you didn’t have a lift due to the designed replacement knuckles.
Superlift has plenty of lift kits that compare to similar budget-friendly brands, but it can’t compare with top-shelf lift kits. A Superlift lift kit is an excellent choice for those who want to save money and enjoy a long-lasting smooth ride. If you want durability for the life of the vehicle without any issues, then you’ll likely have to spend more.
Is It Legal and Up-to-Date?
Modifying a vehicle can be illegal, especially if you remove or add parts that aren’t up to modern standards. Removing the seats, trunk, or mechanical components can cost you a hefty fine. In some cases, you might end up having to fix the vehicle before it can legally go on the road.
The good news is that all Superlift lift kits are up to date, ensuring that you won’t have to worry about fees, fines, or any legal matters. Instead, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy your lift kit in any state of the USA.
To keep every kit updated, they have different years that you can cycle through. All of them have current upgrades, but they’re made to fit your vehicle to prevent unwanted shakiness. All of these details are made to keep you safe physically and financially.
In short, yes! Superlift kits are always legal and safe to use. No need to worry about updating your kit to accommodate modern laws and regulations. As long as you don’t modify the lift kit, you’ll be safe and sound.
Superlift kits have countless years, makes, and models for you to try out. Whether you want to add a small set of shocks on a 1.5-inch (3.8 cm) lift or a 12-inch (30.5 cm) lift, you’ll be able to find the perfect choice.
However, it’s reasonable to have a few extra questions if you’re considering investing in one of these lift kits. Not only is it a financial choice, but it’s also a notable modification to your vehicle.
Below, you’ll find the most frequently asked questions along with their answers.
How Long Does It Take to Install a Superlift Lift Kit?
Since they come with all of the instructions, you can have a Superlift kit installed in less than a couple of hours. If you’re mechanically inclined, then you might be able to finish it under an hour. That being said, you should never rush a lift kit installation; They’re a long-term commitment that can change the way you drive.
How Big of a Lift Should My Lift Kit Be?
Big lift kits, including those over four inches, tend to alter the way people drive. It makes it harder to maintain control, though Superlift manages to reduce the negative impact. If you want a small boost to your suspension, then consider getting a lift between 1.5 to 2 inches (3.8 to 5.1 cm). On the other hand, those who go off-road often could get a kit over 3 inches (7.6 cm).
Are These Kits Smooth When You’re Driving?
As you probably read throughout this article, Superlift manages to create a smooth driving experience in their lift kits. They don’t interrupt the feeling of being level, but you’ll still be able to enjoy the powerful suspension. Turning is easy, driving is smooth, and it’s an overall worthwhile experience. The only issue is that, if the parts rub, there could be a light vibration.
Why Do People Choose Superlift Over Other Brands?
Superlift is a popular choice for budgeters, first-timers, and those who don’t go off-road all of the time. If you’re not into hardcore off-roading and Overlanding, then Superlift lift kits are a popular choice. They might not be as well known as the top brands, but there’s no need to leave such a sought after brand in the dust.
Superlift lift kits are an excellent investment for anyone who wants to lift their vehicle for less. You don’t need to spend an arm and a leg to get the elevation and suspension that you’re looking for.
Here’s a quick recap of the post:
- Superlift lift kits cost significantly less than high-end name brands.
- Make sure you choose the year, make, model, shocks, and height of the lift kit.
- Every kit comes with a limited lifetime warranty (non-transferable from owner to owner).
- Maintain the vehicle by preventing rust, corrosion, grime, and dirt from building up.
- Superlift lift kits are known for being easier to install than most other lift kits.
- You’ll be able to enjoy a smooth driving experience with unaltered turning.
- 4Wheel Parts: New 6″ Superlift Suspension Lift Kits for Chevy 1 / 2 -Ton Pickup Trucks
- Superlift: Lift Kits
- Auto Anything: Superlift Lift Kits
- Jeep Reviews: Superlift Suspension
- Rezurxn: Considerations to be Made After Installing a Lift Kit