Zone has been developing lift kits for trucks and Jeeps for over a decade and prides itself on offering everything from a small lift to a high boost. These kits are made for any make of car, and they offer suspension, body, and combo lift kits.
Zone lift kits are made out of good quality materials. Each product is made with a focus on strength, durability, and a perfect fit to ensure your ride not only looks cooler, but the performance is not impacted. With a no-cost limited warranty and low prices, Zone lift kits are a great option.
If you want to learn more about what Zone lift kits have to offer, the pros and cons of the kits, and if it is worth the purchase, you can find out more below. You can also read some frequently asked questions if you are on the fence whether Zone is right for you.
What Zone Lift Kits Are Offered?
Zone offers three different types of lift kits, including:
- Suspension lift kits: The suspension lift kit will raise your vehicle, so you have higher ground clearance. Also, increasing your center of gravity, making your vehicle feel the turn in the road more and can affect your stability during hard and quick turns. If you add bigger tires on top of the suspension lift, the center of gravity will increase even more.
- Body lift kits: The body lift kit will only raise the car’s body, not affecting its ground clearance levels. Body lift kit will give your vehicle more clearance for off-road use. However, it only affects the center of gravity slightly, keeping the stability of the vehicle intact.
- Combo lift kits: The combo lift kit gives you the best of both worlds, allowing you to get some height and ground clearance with your vehicle while maintaining its stability and handling.
For the following makes of cars:
Pros of the Zone Lift Kit
Here the advantages of using Zone lift kits:
- Easy installation that can be done by you and at home: One of the best things about these kits is that they can be installed at home. You do not need to be a mechanic or have done it before to be able to follow the installation guides that are also available on their website to install your kit.
- Fast installation times for all kits: Depending on what kit you are installing, it can take you anywhere from 2-8 hours. If you are new to this, it may take a bit longer, but is still possible to be installed easily in one day.
- Offers a lot of height options: There are many height options when it comes to choosing the Zone lift kit that is right for you. The height options range from 1 in (2.54 cm) to 6.5 in (16.51 cm) and differ based on the type of lift kit you purchase.
- Good for on-road or off-road use: Zone lift kits were made for both on and off-road use. It is great for any light-duty off-roading you may be doing. According to Stage 3 Motorsports, the lift kit allowed them to off-road up to 30 mph (48 kph) in some pretty snowy areas where they were able to absorb shock and perform well on the trails.
- Sells many parts separately: The fairly low and decent prices allow you to have the option to buy almost any part you may need for lifting your vehicle all on the website, or you can choose to buy a different brand.
- Wallet-friendly prices: The Zone lift kit options come with everything you need for fairly reasonable prices. Many options are under $1500, and with the ability to install it yourself, you can be saving a hefty fee that otherwise would be spent at the mechanics.
- Offers a limited lifetime warranty: Zone offers a limited warranty for all parts that are not damaged and given that the owner of the Zone lift kit still owns the vehicle it was purchased for. The warranty lasts for one year.
Cons of the Zone Lift Kit
Here are some of the disadvantages of Zone lift kits:
- Not the best for high-speed off-roading trips: According to Stage 3 Motorsports, while the lift kit performed well in off-roading, the bumps were felt when speed started to pick up. High-speed driving is not recommended with this brand.
- Shock absorbers are sold separately: These are used to help dampen the shock the car takes. If you are planning on using a suspension lift or lifting your car to a fairly high height, it is smart to use a shock absorber if you are going to be driving at high speeds.
- The splash guard is sold separately: The splash guard goes under the front end of your car and keeps the mud and water from entering. Zone sells these separately, and while not necessary, it can help keep things clean and working properly for longer.
- Track bars are sold separately: Since, in some cases, you will have to drill into your track bar, it may be beneficial to buy one separately. They are around $100, and you can purchase an adjustable one on the lift kid’s side.
- Basic and simple design: The Zone lift kits have a basic square tube cross, and the cross members go straight across. In comparison to BDS Lift Kits, which have an arched design that has a look that stands out more.
Zone Lift Kit Design
The Zone lift kit’s design tends to be on the simpler side, but the quality is there, and it gets the job done.
Here is what you can expect from the design of the Zone lift kit materials:
- Crossmembers go straight across
- Uses a basic square tube cross
- Reuses control and radius arms
- Many pieces within the Zone lift kit are an optional add-on
- Drops your torsion bar system
Is the Zone Lift Kit Worth It?
If you are looking for a simple, sturdy, and tough-looking lift, Zone lift kits are a great wallet-friendly option. The quality is strong, durable, and each part is made to perfectly fit your car, making this purchase totally worth it.
- The high-quality parts: The high-quality lift kits are made for you if you want the mean look of a high lift, without paying too high of a price. The lift kits’ manufacturing promotes structural integrity by ensuring durability, strength, and no decrease in your car’s performance.
- The low costs: The Zone lift kit prices tend to be lower with regards to the fact that many pieces that are not needed are available for additional purchase. Making this a simple kit that still has everything you need to get the job done without cutting any corners.
- The easy installation: These kits were made, so they were easy for anybody to install. Whether you have no experience or some, these kits can be installed by you over a day. Most of these lift kits require no welding or metal cutting.
The only true downside of the Zone lift kit is that it does not come with all the bells and whistles some other kits may come with. Making the additional costs bring the price up much higher if shock absorbers and splash panels were something you were hoping to purchase.
A smaller downside, which is more likely to apply to a small few, is that some do not recommend it for high-speed off-roading. Nonetheless, if you want to go off-roading, especially in your Jeep, this should not be much of an issue, especially if you do choose to add shock absorbers to your vehicle.
The Most Popular Lift Kits
Below is a list of the top-selling lift kits, according to Amazon. It should be noted that Amazon tends to group more than just what Zone sells by adding track bars or shocks to the package, while the Zone website sells those separately.
Jeep 4″ JK Wrangler Unlimited Full Suspension Lift Kit Zone Offroad (4 Doors)
When this coil lift is sold on Amazon, it also comes packed with a track bar and Zone shock absorbers. According to the customer, this suspension kit provided a nice lift and ride even with a 500 lb (226 kg) bumper and winch. The lifts for Jeep Wranglers available on the Zone Offroad website range from 1.75 in (4.4 cm) lifts to 4 in (10.16 cm).
Jeep 3″ JK Wrangler Full Suspension Lift Kit Zone Offroad (2 doors)
This Jeep Wrangler coil suspension kit is made for your two-wheel drive, two-door 2007-2011 Jeep. This lift allows you to install 35 in (88.9 cm) tires. The lift is worth the rather low price with the heavy-duty coil spacers, the improvement in ground clearance and wheel travel. With this lift only taking half a day to install, many customers have been happy with this lift.
Chevy/GMC 1500 Pickup Zone Offroad Suspension 3″ Body Lift Kit
This suspension lift kit fits all 1988-1994 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500 pickup trucks with either a 2 or 4 wheel drive. This kit takes closer to 8 hours to install and claims to be on the more difficult level compared to others.
Some customers on Amazon who purchased this product found the steering adapter was not right, and some welding and grinding were needed, but after that, they were happy with the purchase.
Zone Offroad D9150 Body Lift Kit
This body lift kit fits 09-16 Dodge Ram 1500 trucks and has scored a perfect five stars on Amazon. This kit was designed for easy installation and long-term performance, holding up to 60,000 lbs (27,215 kg). This body lift kit was mostly praised for its easy and simple installation and its cost-effectiveness.
Zone Offroad 3″ Adventure Series (UCA) Lift System w/ Black Nitro Shocks
The adventure series suspension lift kit is on the pricier side but was built for adventure. It is made somewhere between an entry-level leveling kit and a full IFS lift system without adding the tough installation. This product has gained five stars on Amazon for the stocky look it gives your ride and the easy installation.
Zone Offroad 6-Inch Full Suspension Lift Kit Zone Offroad
This lift kit system was built for Ford F250 and F350 trucks, and it gives a high lift for a higher price. This heavy-duty radius arm lift kit is made for huge tires allowing you to install 37 x 12.5 sized tires with your 6 in (15.24cm) of added ground clearance. This product comes with Black Nitro Shocks on Amazon that can also be purchased on the Zone website separately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the frequently asked questions about Zone lift kits include:
What Tires Should I Get With My Lift Kit?
The great part about the Zone Offroad website is that each lift kit states the maximum tire size, as well as the maximum wheel size, which you can find here.
Zone emphasizes the importance of the backspace and rim width that is important to consider when choosing to do an aftermarket lift. This is as too much backspace will put the rim to come into contact with suspension components, which ends up being bad for fender clearance as it will rub on the bumper and backside.
By following the recommended wheel and tire size, you can get the perfect tire without any interference issues with the traction control systems or wear on factory components.
If you have specific tires you want to use and are nott sure about, contact Zone to make sure you will be able to use them without issues.
Are the Heights Accurate According to the Manufacturer Claim?
Yes, whatever height stated by the manufacturer on the Zone website is accurate to how high your vehicle will go up by.
You can see both an exact front lift height and rear lift height in the product descriptions.
The highest lifts are available with the combo lift kits.
If I Have Never Installed a Lift Kit, Can I Install This?
Yes! According to many people who have never even picked up a wrench, they were able to install the Zone lift kits successfully.
With detailed instructions, installation guides, and youtube videos, you should have no problem installing any of the lift kits.
If you want to see how to install a 6.5” off-road suspension lift kit, watch this YouTube video here:
Should I Also Invest in Shock Absorbers?
While this is completely up to you as well as dependent on the lift you choose, Zone sells them separately so you are not paying extra for something that may not be required. However, they may be needed to keep the performance of your vehicle at its best.
If you opted for a body lift or leveling lift, you could probably keep the market shock absorbers in your vehicle, and they will work just fine.
Shock absorbers are mostly recommended if you are going to install a suspension lift that is 3 in (7.62 cm) or higher. The large increase in ground clearance will shift the center of gravity, and the absorbers will make up for the new difference in level your vehicle has.
It is also worth noting that trucks with a lift kit and aftermarket shocks will need replacing every now and again. About every 40,000 miles (~64,000 km) is a good amount to start thinking about getting new ones.
Here are some of the available shocks on their website, but you can also buy other brands if you are looking for something of higher quality:
- Smooth Body Shock Absorber
- 2.0 Smooth Body IFS Shock Absorber
- 2.0 Coil-Over IFP Shock
- 2.5 Coil-Over IFP Shock (Pair)
- 2.5 Coil-Over Reservoir Shock (Pair)
- 3.0 Internal Bypass Coil-Over Reservoir Shock (Pair)
Can I Buy Other Brands for Materials Not Included?
Yes! If you love the lift kits at Zone but also love the quality of a different brand’s shock absorber or other parts, you can mix and match where you like.
The benefit of this is that you can save money on the lift kit itself with Zone and spend more money on potentially higher quality parts.
The Zone lift kits are mostly praised for their easy installation, detailed instructions, sturdy and strong materials, being a great ride, and comes with every piece that was ordered. Zone lift kits exactly offer what you are looking for, for the prices that you want to see.
If you are in the market for a lift kit, choosing a Zone lift kit is a great simple option if you want to buy only the needed materials and install it as soon as possible. However, the off-roading that they claim is possible may be limited to slower speeds depending on how well the shocks are absorbed.
- ZoneOffRoad: Home Page
- Stage3MotorSports: Off-Road Review
- Suspension: Body Lift vs. Suspension Lift
- GM Trucks: Forum
- Jeep: Forum
- Custom Wheel Offset: Zone vs. BDS
- ZoneOffRoad Blog: Tire and Wheel Fitment FAQ #2
- RealTruck: Do Stock Shock Absorbers Still Work With a Lift?
- BDS Suspension: Home Page
- ZoneOffRoad: Smooth Body Shock Absorber
- ZoneOffRoad: 2.0 Smooth Body IFS Shock Absorber
- ZoneOffRoad: 2.0 Coil-Over IFP Shock
- ZoneOffRoad: 2.5 Coil-Over IFP Shock (Pair)
- ZoneOffRoad: 2.5 Coil-Over Reservoir Shock (Pair)
- ZoneOffRoad: 3.0 Internal Bypass Coil-Over Reservoir Shock (Pair)